Termite Control Information
- Termites cause over 5 billion dollars of damage per year.
- Florida is one of the most active states for termite(s) damage.
- Termites are quite often mistaken for ants. Preventive and curative treatments are available.
- Expert identification of termite family is necessary for effective treatment.
- Examination for signs of termite activity such as mud tubes, pellets, and wood damage is needed.
Subterranean Termite Damage
This is a group of termites that do not need ground contact or moisture. They can live their entire life cycle inside a piece of structural timber or a piece of furniture. Their numbers are less than the subterranean termites and they tend to be a bit larger. Drywood termites general swarm after sunset or at night from May until November. However, they can swarm at other times. Their swarmers are generally brown in color. See More >